1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

White and black lines on screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow234, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow234

Shadow234 Thread Starter

I have a laptop with a touchscreen and almost a year after buying it I would get black places with vertical white stripes on the screen. Sometimes they took up the whole screen, sometimes they were only an inch thick. They always seemed to be changing in size quickly and were always the full length of the screen. A computer mechanic said it was a short in the screen. It happened especially when I tilted the screen.

I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS. Less than a week later it is starting to do it again just a little but it seems like it will get worse.

I do a lot of MS office for school and my sister plays the Sims 3 and free tv sites (but she doesn't download anything).

Please let me know if you need anymore information and provide specific steps on how to get it because I haven't gotten this lingo down, yet! Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6024 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 457166 MB, Free - 258667 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, MA50_HW
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Send it in again; clearly they did not fix the problem if it is starting to occur again.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I agree about sending it in again.

If the fault changes with screen position it could be the cable between motherboard and screen so I would mention that to the repairer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice