White on White Display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jonesfish

My friend thinks she has inadvertently set her display to be white-on-white: She has Windows98 and can see all normally during startup until Windows98 starts running...then all she sees is white-on-white-on-white. She can barely see icons, but they are too faint to make out. Any suggestions? Thanks!

That wouldn't change the color of the icons. If it were the print, I could see it. I am not sure what to tell her.

Here's a shortcut to bring up the Display Properties page.
Go to start>run and type this. Press enter.

control desk.cpl,,2

Also, try adjusting the settings for the video card. set it back to 256 and see if that helps.

I wonder if this is a Video driver problem. You say it's Ok until Windows loads?
Have her boot to Safe Mode and see how the colors are.
REboot. If windows98, press CTRL until the boot menu appears. If Win95, tap F8. Choose Safe Mode. That will be VGA. If the colors are OK there it's more than likely the video card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online