White Screen Error on Boot Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlackBird171

Hello! I guess I should start this off by saying, I'm stumped & I don't want to go to some technician until I have some idea what's going on. I have a Inspiron 15-3465. I got this refurbished computer from Windows 10 Amazon, several months ago. It's fast & easy to use, I can even play some games on it. My first problem was the wifi would never stay connected. The connections would disappear & it was a pain. Luckily, I updated the drivers, etc. Fixed.

Now, I'm having a bigger problem. I tried draining the battery, updating drivers, CPU stress test, & even a hardware stress test. The problem is, sometimes (keyword), I turn my PC on, and the screen turns white. Sometimes, it flickers on & off to a white screen & password screen. Now, I can turn it off, turn it on, everything is fine. I can still use it, I just always have to reboot my computer at least twice to turn it on. What is going on? Blown capacitor? CPU? Graphics Card?
I can play high end games without much problem and overall everything seems fine until I turn my computer on and off. Any ideas?​

Couriant

James
What is the service tag of the machine? If you are not able to find it on the machine, go to Command Prompt and type wmic bios get serial number and press enter (or to provide more information, use the System Tool in my signature)

Have you tried the diagnostic tool? On a power up, once the Dell logo shows repeatedly press F12 to get the boot menu and the diagnostic option too.

BlackBird171

The service tag is FBJV2P2 and yes, I have. I even attempted to run some games with the colored bars, everything appear fine.

Couriant

James
OK, from what I remember from past experiences and with quick search, the problem might be the LCD cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. If you are mechanically inclined, you can do the repair yourself and the cable may be about $20.

Since your warranty just ended in May, and you don't want to do the work yourself, you could renew your warranty for about $95 with a mail to depot option. $125 for an on site technician. Dell is doing an 15% off on renewing the warranty.

BlackBird171

Thank you very much, I definitely can do that, but I am glad I have something to go on with instead of being in the dark about it! :giggle:

Couriant

James
Thank you very much, I definitely can do that, but I am glad I have something to go on with instead of being in the dark about it! :giggle:
No problem! In my search someone was using an external monitor to temporarily fix the issue but in the end the issue kept going. I suspect the cord just got worse.

Actually now I think about it, check the cord itself now to make sure that it's not loose for some reason.

BlackBird171

I checked. Not loose but at least I got something now. Just got to replace it and I should be good! Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online