White screen of DEATH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

walkeasy

I have a compaq presario 1700 series laptop... I just had to replace the internal fan. HMMM, well I put it all back together and pushed power with my fingers crossed and wala a never ending white screen. The cd-rom opens, the machine is making noise but all I get is a white screen. Does this mean I fried my processor??? I sure hope not...

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
It probably means you have not connected the ribbon cables for the screen correctectly or dislodged them.

do you have a windows pass or does it take you directly to your desktop

if it takes you directly to the desktop, then just put the volume up and wait find out if you can hear the windowx xp startup sound.

if it is password protected, you may need to guess there to click and type in your pass

if it never gets to load, then you probally disconnected something

so, you may need to wash up, clean your desk, and get ready to take the laptop back apart and check every single wire that was exposed to you when you were working on the fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online