1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

White Screen on Startup - Nic in Ireland

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by metallicamarma, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metallicamarma

metallicamarma Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I've searched through the forums for an answer to this one but can't seem to sort it out by myself, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Basically this white screen (sometimes with blue lines running down sometimes without) has been appearing on startup. At first it just appeared in place of the windows logo before log in, but now it's appearing earlier on and the only way to bypass it is to hit the power button and hope it loads up properly. I've tried disabling/uninstalling the display driver and this has either (a) caused the laptop to crash to the white screen
    or (b) nothing, just back to white screen appearing at intervals.

I've run Avast and Spybot as well as RegistryFix but haven't got a clue what to do now!
    Thanks for any help,
    Nicola.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3002 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 8 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 221472 MB, Free - 86628 MB; D: Total - 16697 MB, Free - 2409 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1605
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. metallicamarma

Thanks Captainron276,
    I didn't use RegistryFix until this problem started so not sure if it could be this, although knowing my luck it's probably made it harder to solve!
    Thanks you!

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    How long ago did this start? Have you tried using System Restore to a date/time prior to this happening?

5. metallicamarma

It's been happening for about 4 days now, I've tried system restore (each and every available date) and this hasn't helped. Also I can't think of anything that I've done or downloaded that might have caused this, I generally just use the laptop for college work, so usually just Microsoft Office programs and accessing hotmail etc. Hoping it's not a hardware problem....

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    How old is your computer?

7. metallicamarma

It's a pretty crap model but I've only had it for just under two years

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice