1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whitelist with filters OE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bluebeam, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebeam

Bluebeam Thread Starter

I use OE and have a number of folders with rules for moving mail from incoming to other folders to keep organized. This includes several mailing lists. Until a week or so ago I was using Comcast restricted list to get rid of what I didn't want and just download. Afterwhich various senders would be filtered to folders.

Back on 10/2 Comcast started blocking my mailling lists. Turns out that I didn't have all members on the restricted list (limited to 200) and when these members bounced for not being on the lists (hadn't been for a long time but nothing ever happened until now) Comcast put the mailing lists on a SPAM list. Then their new upgrade caused other problems with the restricted list like anyone on it didn't get thru. I guess they are still working on it.

I can set up a whitelist with OE, but I haven't found a way to have incoming mail on the whitelist be moved to specific folders rather then just one folder so I have to manually move everything again after the fact, which is a real pain.

Anyone know how to set OE Mail Rules to allow another layer of mail rules to move from the white list folder? I know in rules when you add the address there is an option button. Is there some combination I can set up that will allow this?

I saw MailWasher was recommended, but unless it allows importing of addresses and email from OE I am not interested nor am I interested in having to decide if friend or foe. I don't want to even see foe mail. Also, I have over 30,000 emails I keep archived and not going to be switching back and forth between email programs for searching thru my folders of which I do a lot of.

If Comcast just increased their limit on the restricted list I would be OK, but they haven't though I put a bug in their ear about it I am sure they are deaf.

2. Bluebeam

Bluebeam Thread Starter

I forgot to use the option "does NOT contain" for my white list. Once I set that the rest of the email comes in and goes to the correct folders and the rest to SPAM Mail.

Sorry for bothering.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!