1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WhiteSmoke trojan virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by slimkitty2, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slimkitty2

slimkitty2 Thread Starter

Help!

My computer was infected yesterday (Nov. 18, 2010) with a trojan virus that is apparently attached to WhiteSmoke translation software. It disabled my Norton, and MSE will not update either. I cannot find the name of this virus to remove it. My husband isolated the file wmiprvse.exe and removed it, but it did not solve the problem. He said it is a worm and reloads each time? It has downloaded WhiteSmoke onto my computer and will not let me remove it. Does anyone which virus this is? I am a novice at this!:eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963480