1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WhiteSmoke virus?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by MyLady421, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyLady421

MyLady421 Thread Starter

Hi and thank you in advance for help!

I'm afraid I went crazy on downloading things for a pdf file I downloaded.

I went through the add ons and deleted them from the toolbar. Then, I tried to sign on to Aol but I got a "you're aol is de-railed" and to delete my history and cache...then I try Facebook and I cannot get passed the log-in....then when I tried to google something, I always get re-directed to some other site...I uninstalled Mozilla thinking that would work...went to try and download it again and every time I keep trying to download the program there is a virus found and cannot download it.

I'm doing this on Internet Explorer and same thing is happening with AOL, Facebook, etc...I cannot download anything because there is a "virus" found...

I don't have a system restore point and this just started happening....please help!

Also, everytime I do a new search there's an icon with WS ( WhiteSmoke ) which I thought I uninstalled...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice