1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

who believes the new bin laden tape?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by $teve, Feb 12, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

at the moment i think this audo tape is very questionable and too convenient .........i would be interested to hear views from the good people at T.G.G

:)

2. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy

I think OBL is buried in Tora Bora some where. Al Queda is trying to keep the illusion that he's still alive and of course the admin is not going to do anything to dispel this notion. There's enough screaming and sheet wetting from the left about the war on terrorism as it is. If they knew for sure that OBL is taking the celestial dirt nap their frilly pink panties would really be in a bunch. As GW said, this war isn't about OBL. It's about Islamo fundi terrorist fruitcakes the world over. Gonna take some time.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Steve
    Logically one would suspect the tape as a plant to bolster the Iraq\Terrorist connection but don't you think the tape itself can easily be verified by voice pattern and its contents if planted would cause greater harm then intended by bolstering Terriost confidence.
    It sure raises suspicion.
    Another thought....... Could it be an older tape that was captured long ago and was used for the basis of the alleged Iraq\Terriost connection?
    Nevertheless if it is really Bin Laden it does back up the theory of connection.
    Dave

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

RP
    If Bin Laden was already killed why do you think the US would not want that knowledge known? I think evidence of his death would be a blow to the organization.

Dave

5. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

good point dave..........we only got to hear the tape late last night over here so its too early to come to any concrete conclusions but it has raised some eyebrows.
    we can be sure there is a lot of "fundamentslists" who want to stoke the flames of war,after all this is their destiny:rolleyes:
    i just think maybe people should take a step back until its been verified......just as they did over the infamous bin laden videotapes that came to light post 911.

6. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy

Would the job of fighting Islamo terrorists be easier or more difficult if the world knew OBL is dead? The volume of rhetoric is already pretty high because of Iraq. The birkenstock clad tofu-twinks would say the war against terrorism is over---OBL is dead. 'The fascist Bush admin' blah blah. Same old neo-jerk liberal bilge. I suspect some in Al Queda know he's dead. Whether it's made the camel rounds or not is a different story. If we presented proof to Al Jeezera that OBL is dead would it be believed? Or would it make him a bigger martyr and spawn more terrorist loonballs? Who knows....

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

RP
    I am sure there are some that would use Bin Ladens demise as rhetoric to attempt an end to terrorist protection but do you not think the majority of people no matter what party affiliation would realize just because the leader is dead the cause is not? Beside Al Queda is only one organization there are many others in the offing.

Dave

8. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

I agree with you Davey. I think we need to dig up his body, if we can, and show that he has officially been punished.

9. deh

deh

The only thing i can think of as an alliance with Iraq and Al Qaieda is "My Enemy's enemy is my friend". Saddam is very secular. No the women don't walk around with Burques, they can goto school. Baghdad (never been but from what I've heard) is a rather modern city.

Saddam would never tolerate a fanatical Muslim regime. Not saying that if he needed to he would become a devout "Muslim" if he was in trouble and needed help or even perhaps use it as a war cry.

It was suggested that this was Bin Laden's chance to not only rally Muslims but position himself as a power figure in the event of Saddam's demise. That is as suggested if he is indeed alive. Of course Al Qaieda could still use his name, dead or not.

10. slipe

slipe

If Osama released a tape saying Moslems should defend Mukwonago Wisconsin to the death it doesn’t necessarily mean they have been giving support to Al Queda up in Wisconsin. It could mean that Osama has reason to undermine Mukwonago.

Al Queda is dedicated to the overthrow of secular leaders in Moslem states and converting them to Islamic Republics. They would like nothing more than for us to overthrow Saddam and destabilize the area. Of course their vision for restructuring would vary a bit from ours.

To answer the question of the authenticity of the tape: If it is Osama he is in such awful shape he can’t be videotaped. His tapes were released regularly before 911 and he seems to like having his pictures shown around. Al Queda seemed to consider Osama video tapes a valuable recruiting and propaganda tool and I think they would revert to that if they were going to bring Osama out of the cave anyway. I don’t know whether a sophisticated lab in Iran or Syria could reproduce an audio tape with the voiceprint right, but it would be hard to fake a video.

11. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

also,the voice on the audio tape sounds like that of a much younger man......at the most in his 40`s.

12. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

Too convienent for who?

I think he is alive, but as to its content, well, convienent for either side of the Iraq issue I guess.

13. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

I'm with CF... I think he's still alive.

14. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

NPR had an Arab who was familiar with Bin Laden's voice who said it didn't sound like him and he pronounced certain things different then he usually did.
    The other part I find suspicious is that Powell said this is evidence that he is in cahoots with Iraq! The tape said he supports the people of Iraq, but not the government! Is that the same thing G W is saying!?

Does this mean that G W is in cahoots with Bin Laden too?

John

PS thanks for starting this thread, I wanted to see it aired.

15. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

Well, that is where the other side of the "convenient" arguement comes in......

Just at the peak of the Saddam/Al Queda debate comes a tape from you know who and it just happens to specifically call him a "bad" guy. Wow...what timing :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it does seem to have persuaded people that there is a connection. Wow...what timing. :rolleyes:

I guess it just depends on how you hear it.........

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice