Who Can Answer This?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marinersfan

I have a Gateway 933mhz tower with 512mb ram running WinME.

I just acquired an HP 4300C Scanner. I've installed that latest software I can find which is the file "s657en" I followed the install precisely over a dozen times and that runs smoothly. The problem is whenever I scan anything the preview window is either all black or a very dark brown depending on the settings within the LTX software program I use. Nothing I do seems to change this symptom and I have 2 1/2 years experience as a Gateway Technical Customer Support Tech so I am my no means computer illiterate. I've also attempted to change my video resolution but to no avail. Is this scanner software just totally non-WinME compatible? The funny thing is I also have an old UMAX Astra 2000U and it does exactly the same thing. Even in Picture-It Express it does the same thing on both scanners so I'm really at my wits here. Also cancelling out all TSR programs didn't help either.

Can anyone offer an explanation/suggestion as to what I can do?

Thanks all!

I had one of those scanners. The key word is "had". I got so sick of trying to get it to behave that one day a few months back I made like the scene in the movie " office space " and took it out into the yard and dispatched it into the nether world with a baseball bat.

I bought that scanner new with my first pc back in december of 2000 and it was junk from the start but when your a newbie you don't know such things. I searched every tech forum there is and searched for better drivers for months. I thought maybe things might be better with windows xp and it's superior way of handling driver issues for old devices but no, it was not to be.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online