1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who is in the biz without a physical storefront?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by pcworxonline, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pcworxonline

pcworxonline Thread Starter

I was thinking of getting back into the biz once again and wondering how many of you out there work without a physical storefront? I have had a store in the past and my experiences are mixed with that route. It always seemed to me a storefront was often just a place for pickup and delivery of systems. Just wondering if you do work without a physical address what marketing ideas you have used to draw business? and advertsing you use? With a smartphone, 800 number and twitter our options have opened up in the past few years. Let me hear your ideas. Twitter can be a very good means of communication for say the easy task of letting a client know their machine is ready to be picked up....instead of a phone call just post it on the site. That alone can end the sometimes hastle of phone tag.

Pcworxonline

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Depends, if you are strictly repair, then I would say you need a store front to help attract customers (good location), but if you are doing commercial consulting (small business support) and repair for those clients only, then no, no need for a storefront.

You can also offer pickup and delivery for a reasonable fee, this may also get you more billable time if they want you to set it back up and do a few other things while you are there. Be sure to inform them this is not included with pick up and delivery fee.

Its getting more difficult to draw PC repair business without a good location store front, there is just too much competition from GeekSquad, the kid next door and everything in between.

You might try Craigslist in your area, flyers, and newspaper ads.

Word of mouth is the best, but slow to start.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice