Who is linking to my site???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MeinDCIC

Does anyone know of a free service that will show you who is linking to your site? Google claims to have this - using link:domainname - but it does not return any info for my domain.

Any sites that offer a service like that would be very helpful.

MMJ

MeinDCIC said:
Does anyone know of a free service that will show you who is linking to your site? Google claims to have this - using link:domainname - but it does not return any info for my domain.
Than nobody is linking to your domain...

Its not very accurate but it works somewhat.

Does your hosting provide some type of statistics, most do. They run off the server logs and will show the referrers.

MeinDCIC

Well that is not true - I have seen other links on other sites that point right to us - so the fact that it does not return anything is off for some reason.

You are right, googles link:site.com only includes links pointed directly at the domain. So a link to site.com would show, but a link to site.com/greatpage.html would not. It also only shoes the links from sites it has crawled, those that haven't been crawled or have been banned would not show up.

I think your best bet is to get some type of website statistics and watch the referrers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online