Who is "postmaster" and what is the reason for this?

Alex Ethridge

I send e-mail that often gets sent back and it happens only when I send to this recipient but only occasionally. Today, two got sent back that were sent within about four minutes of each other. So far, all resendings of the same message are successful.

What I received back from the mail system is between the dashed lines. I have no idea what or who "postmaster" is. This has been going on for maybe a year or more and is becomming very annoying.

Suggestions?
============================================
This is the mail system at host gateway31.websitewelcome.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<xxxxxx@bham.rr.com>: host pkvw-mx.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net[47.43.26.7] said:

452 4.1.0 192.185.143.33 blocked. Please see

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

for more information. AUP#In-1300 (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; gateway31.websitewelcome.com

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: E6D81124C93

X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

Arrival-Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 16:45:20 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxxx@bham.rr.com

Original-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxxx@bham.rr.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; pkvw-mx.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 452 4.1.0 192.185.143.33 blocked. Please see

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

for more information. AUP#In-1300

ForwardedMessage.eml
==========================================

A funny real-life Christmas story deleted by Alex before posting here on TechGuy. There were no attachments and no bad or otherwise suspicious wording.

Last edited:

Alex Ethridge

Additional Information I just now found:

1300 - 1340
Spectrum limits the number of concurrent connections from a sender, as well as the total number of connections allowed. Limits vary based on the reputation of the IP address. Reduce your number of connections and try again later.

I have no idea why the above would apply to me. I am on a home computer and on a common, ordinary home connection. However, my domain is AlexEthridge dot com and is handled by HostGator.

Couriant

James
Postmaster is basically the E-Mail/Network Administrator.

As to the error, it may be a blanket statement and the receiving server has been getting a lot of emails from other users on the same email server as you. Some Googling suggests the issue is on the mail server side. Have you spoken to the people that maintains the email server? (I assume hostgator?)

Alex Ethridge

Postmaster is basically the E-Mail/Network Administrator.

As to the error, it may be a blanket statement and the receiving server has been getting a lot of emails from other users on the same email server as you. Some Googling suggests the issue is on the mail server side. Have you spoken to the people that maintains the email server? (I assume hostgator?)
Here is the only place I've sought help understanding this so far as I have no understanding whatsoever of these kinds of things.

Thank you for your help and, yes, I have bought web space on HostGator which I don't use that space but I do use their mail system to handle my mail.

So from my very limited understanding, maybe Charter has decided they get too much mail from HostGator mail servers and occasionally block mail from their servers. Does that make sense?

Couriant

James
Here is the only place I've sought help understanding this so far as I have no understanding whatsoever of these kinds of things.

Thank you for your help and, yes, I have bought web space on HostGator which I don't use that space but I do use their mail system to handle my mail.

So from my very limited understanding, maybe Charter has decided they get too much mail from HostGator mail servers and occasionally block mail from their servers. Does that make sense?
Correct, if there was a spammer or someone sending a lot of email within your service, then they would potentially stop receiving from HostGator for a while.

It is not uncommon. Before we changed to Office365 our university's email was being being temp blocked because of a lot of spam from our servers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online