1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who is this 'most frequent attacker'?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Wendus, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wendus

Wendus Thread Starter

During a recent check on my Norton Internet Security, it said that I had had a number of 'recent intrusion attempts' and 'attempted attackers', and it gave me a detail of the 'most frequent attacker'. At the same time, Norton showed that another attempt was being made by this attacker.

I hold my hand up to being one of those people who like to have the security of Norton, but don't know the first thing about the technicalities! However, I immediately ran SpyBot, removed everything that was listed, then rebooted my machine. Everything now seems OK.

My question is, is there any way that I can find out who this 'most frequent attacker' is? The numbers given, don't mean a thing to me: 82.43.177.34

Many thanks.

2. putasolution

putasolution

The IP address belongs to what I would imagine is your ISP, Blue Yonder

3. Wendus

Wendus Thread Starter

Wow! Many thanks for that extremely fast reply!

Now I'm not sure whether I should be worried or not!!! I've only been getting these 'attacker' messages quite recently, although I've been with BlueYonder for a long time. Don't know what's going on, so I suppose I should just be grateful that my Internet protection appears to be working properly!

Thanks again for your help.

4. putasolution

putasolution

I believe that Blue Yonder started pinging their customers in the wake of the MSBlaster virus to see if their customers were adequately protected, and if they weren't, they warned them about the vulnerability. obviously you are :D

5. Wendus

Wendus Thread Starter

Ooohh, you've made me feel all happy now! Thanks ever so much, you're a star!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice