1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who Knows YOUR web Address

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by rhettman5, Dec 24, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

Did you ever wonder how come you get so many junk E-Mails and

how all that spyware gets to your computer ? Look here :

http://privacy.net/Traced/ ...

Would love to chat more, but I have to shut off my Computer and

hide under the bed now !! :( ...Rhett (It could be worse, the

government could be running it :D )

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

LOL... Big Brother???? How do you know the government isn't. They probably introduced spyware...lol

just joking

3. hewee

hewee

4. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

hewee, I did look around the site, it was amazing how much info they can get from just clicking a website..I have a dial-up so my personal ip changes everytime I connect, but if I had dsl or cable, a firewall would be a must, they could tell who my server is, my screen resolution, and way to many other things to make me comfortable... the exe thing is really scary, careful what you d/l and who it's from...and KEEP that virus dat. file current !!....oh yea Merry Christmas !!! ...Rhett

5. hewee

hewee

rhettman5,

Ya they can get a lot of info on you.
    The firewall does not stop things like the http://privacy.net/Traced/ either because you ok your Browser to get online. I mean you have too or you would see anything right.
    There is good it it because they can make it so web page adjust for Netscape, I.E., your color and monitor setting.
    Like this site fills the screen on my 1024x768 monitor. This sites adjusts to your setting but not all sites do that. There are a lot of site that have only one window setting and you have to scroll from side to side.:mad:
    I do watch what I download. Learn that long ago.
    Only ever download one Spyware back before I even knew what it was and that was Comet Curser.
    My virus dat are up to date and the back ups are made.:) Never used them but if they are ever needed I will have them.

<FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="6"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">M</FONT><FONT COLOR="#EB0D07">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#D81B0D">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#C42814">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#B1361B">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9D4321"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#895028">C</FONT><FONT COLOR="#765E2F">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#626B36">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4E783C">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3B8643">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#27934A">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#14A150">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00AE57">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00AE57">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#14A150"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#27934A"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3B8643">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4E783C">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#626B36"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#765E2F">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#895028">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9D4321">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#B1361B"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#C42814">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#D81B0D">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#EB0D07">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">o</FONT></FONT>

6. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

At least the Shareware houses...C-net and ZD net, owned by the same ppl now, are starting to give you a clue, they used to recommend programs that were full of spyware ! BTW here is a good link to some Freeware sites, most are add free, but check it out :) http://www.freewarearena.com/top20.html These sites guarantee to be virus free (whatever that means), but I have got a few things there, and, I am here !...Rhett oh , oh, I am off topic!:eek: but, thats another thread :)

7. hewee

hewee

rhettman5,

Thanks for the link. That will keep me going for some time checking them out.:)

It about time that sites like Cnet and others that report on spyware in there other storys and know about the spyware start saying so at the download site. Look at all the top downloads. Most are spyware. The Editor's note: on spyware is new at Cnet.

Just think if everyone knew what spyware was and that they was getting spyware how the top download list would change.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice