Who makes good motherboards?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scienceof

I need a new motherboard, but I'm not sure who to go with. I need something that could support a dvd rw drive, standard floppy, 2-3 Gigs of DDR 3200 RAM. AMD Athlon XP processor, Standard 40 gig HDD, and one slot for my Ethernet card, and a GeForce 4 4400 Ti 128 MB DDR.

Need serious recommendations.

Thanks.

scienceof said:
I need a new motherboard, but I'm not sure who to go with. I need something that could support a dvd rw drive, standard floppy, 2-3 Gigs of DDR 3200 RAM. AMD Athlon XP processor, Standard 40 gig HDD, and one slot for my Ethernet card, and a GeForce 4 4400 Ti 128 MB DDR.

Thanks.
Personally... I like Asus, ABit, DFI Lanparty boards... they tend to be pretty nice for the price... and should be more too. Giga-byte is ok, MSI is ok... but the first 3 are my favorites... you'll rarely have trouble with them.

scienceof

Yeah I have some Dragon Plus, its a POS.

I'm looking at an Asus right now, looks sick.

asus motherboards are really good.

i am currently using a Soyo motherboard (really easy to overclock with it)

scienceof

Chipsets
North Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
South Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 MCP-T

Whats that?

Also would a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard support my video card and processor?

Make sure the number of sockets match between your processor and the new motherboard.

scienceof said:

Thanks.
see below in sig, and dont bother with your ethernet card its built into the mobo and its faster than a pci card

scienceof said:
Chipsets
North Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
South Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 MCP-T

Whats that?

Also would a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard support my video card and processor?
Do NOT get the A7N8X-E Deluxe board, get the A7N8X Deluxe board, as the "E" model is for PCI-Express cards only, which your card isn't.

crjdriver

m0neto said:
Do NOT get the A7N8X-E Deluxe board, get the A7N8X Deluxe board, as the "E" model is for PCI-Express cards only, which your card isn't.
Incorrect. Here is a link to asus's site. It shows an agp slot. Link

BTW this is an excellent board for an amd build. I like either asus or soltek for amd builds. I would go with the nforce chipset as it is less problem prone than the via chipset, however both will work.

scienceof

Well I'm kind of a nub, I just need someone to tell me if my AMD Athlon Xp 2200 1.8 Ghz cpu will fit, and my GeForce 4 4400 128 MB.

scienceof

Thank you. I'm going to buy that board now, unless anyone has any objections to it?

Also, I think I'm getting a gig of RAM and new processor.

gigabyte k8nxp-sli !!! its pwnage shyt dual bios.. k8n dps -- ownage =]]] $$ is 220 us dollers.... very good board!!! no problems with it

bigballer818 said:
gigabyte k8nxp-sli !!! its pwnage shyt dual bios.. k8n dps -- ownage =]]] $$ is 220 us dollers.... very good board!!! no problems with it
thank you visitor from another planet, {{{ !!! +++ }}} to you too :rolleyes: ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online