Who needs to go to the movies with this TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
THIS is how "widescreen" TVs should have been built in the first place. None of that 16:9 BS!

The only thing a 16:9 TV is good for is watching 1.85:1 movies, considering most big budget movies made in the '70s on onward are in 2.35:1 or better, the "widescreen" TVs show that they aren't really wide enough.

ozziebeanie

Serena
I have seen very large TVs but first time I had seen one as wide as this, it just amazed me, yes technology is getting better to cater to specifications, more than they used to.

By the way, this new TV has a smaller resolution than my computer.

The Philips 21:9 runs at 2,560 x 1,080
My computer display is 2,560 x 1,440

I don't know why this TV is so much more expensive than my computer. Seems highly overpriced if you ask me.

And not only that, my computer can accept video input from other devices, turning the display into a TV screen :D

The only downside is that the screen is only 27 inches. Still, better resolution from a 27-inch screen is still pretty impressive.

It's the computer listed in my profile. $2,199.00 + the cost of the required adapter for use as a TV screen. (I don't own the adapter, I prefer watching movies on my 55-inch TV)

ozziebeanie

Serena
Namenotfound - Yeah my dad has a huge HD led TV which he keeps reminding me about, mine is a tiny 26 inch or somewhere around there, his TV makes mine look like some 2 inch screen. When I visit we watch the movies on his one, I got to admit it looks great on his telly.

Blackmirror - I don't go to the movies either, full of people that keep making noises, over priced snacks over priced entry fee, I wait till the DVD comes out if I really want to see it, how tall are you? I agree those places are a bit like a sardine can, but not a problem for me I am only five foot 3, but I still think they are a waste of money, reckon that TV would feel like you are at the movies though.

ozziebeanie

Serena
Guess those theaters want to make their money, they keep cramming people into small places.

More comfy watching at home.

ekim68

Mike
Ah there's nothing like a theater for the really big screen. And they've integrated the surround sound as another sensory blast....However, I sneak my own snacks in, their's are way too spendy...:mad:

ozziebeanie

Serena
I was joking, you said you hid your goodies that you sneak into the theater.

ekim68

Mike
I was joking too ozzie, although I am skinny....;) Happy New Year....:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online