1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whole month of text files with merge field

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ksuwyldkat, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ksuwyldkat

ksuwyldkat Thread Starter

I create demo files for testing. The way I have it now I have the file laid out with two merge fields. These link back to another docucment where I input a month's worth of dates. The first being Date created and the second column is File Load date.

Once this DateInput doc is updated I go through each record in the merge document and save each one as the DateCreated number as the file name and as a txt file.

Any ideas on how to automate this? I tried using Access to fill in the merge and I was able to have it input today and tomorrow dates using command buttons and these subs

Private Sub cmdToday_Click()
    txtFrom = Date
    txtTo = DateAdd("d", -1, Date)
    End Sub

Private Sub cmdTomorrow_Click()
    txtFrom = DateAdd("d", 1, Date)
    txtTo = Date
    End Sub

But that only gets me two days, I need to see about automating the whole month.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. ksuwyldkat

ksuwyldkat Thread Starter

Any ideas on how to do this? I have tried everything that I know. I tried making a macro in Word, but could not get that to work either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/132493