1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whole System Lag with a high spec PC????!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hughseey101, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hughseey101

hughseey101 Thread Starter

Hey Guys im new to this site so i will try and keep it Short as i Have no clue about anything to do with tech!
    Basically, when i am Playing music for example, i get a horrible bit of system lag which affects anything open for around 4 seconds then it goes back to normal

Another thing is i play minecraft and: Being its nature of Low graphic's my
    Alienware m15x with an I7 processor which cost me an arm and a leg with A Nvidia Gforce game card should surely play with no lag or interference. But no! i have to put up with low graphics and short rendering which still produces lag.
    Another game i play is World of warcraft which when i first bought my laptop would run on Ultra Everything,
    Now it is only playable decently on good settings, i cant blame this on My wifi because i have BT infinity which is the fastest wifi at the moment!

Any Help would be REALLY appreciated!:L try and keep it simple as i am a complete Noob with all the tech "In's and Out's"

Thank you!
    Jack

2. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

3. hughseey101

hughseey101 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 4084 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1535 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 223295 MB;
    Motherboard: Alienware,
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

There ya Go!!

4. CCjon

CCjon

Sounds like you don't spring clean your pc often. Is your entire OS slowing everywhere instead of just games? When did you buy your laptop?

I would suggest you spring clean your pc. Clear out junk files with ccleaner, clean and defrag your registry (highly dubious advice, I know. But it works for me :D ) and defrag your Hard Drive. Then, I would suggest you get rid of McAcrap Antivirus. Every version I tried (including the latest one) sucks. Get a free one like Avast Antivirus.

Try those and let us know how it goes :)

5. black-wolf

black-wolf

Basically good advice except we don't recommend using registry cleaners on this site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061492