1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who's Seen Kill Bill Vol 1

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gibble, Apr 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

WARNING: There may be spoilers...so if you don't want to hear something about the movie, don't read ahead.

So what did you all think of it?

Personally, I thought, like in all Tarantino movies, the sound track was amazing...especially the opening song "Bang Bang"

And if any of you have seen Evil Dead 2, you probably found all the over the top blood as funny as I did.

All in all, I want to see Vol 2 now :)

2. Rockn

Rockn

The only thing Quentin Tortellini made that was any good was Pulp Fiction. He ranks up there with the Cohen brothers for content and humor (n) (n)

3. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

Good thing I care about your opinion Rockn :rolleyes:

4. izme

izme

Well it was entertaining

But being a lifer in Martial arts and understanding alot of different things about movement and timing ect. I found it disturbed me as other Martial arts movies do (Matrix ect.). I see a person with very little training and bad movements. I wish they would put a real M.A.ist in a movie like that instead of someone that has had a crash course in M.A. If you are very trained you will see the many flaws in the fighting and just a beginner ect.
    So I am torn Between how entertaining it was and believing that this gal was as good as they made her out to be.But I am a lifer M.A.ist so my opinion is bias anyways! :D :D anything made by Mr.Tarentino is worth watching.

><">

5. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

But it's a movie. And like all movies, it's an act.

Just like if you understand cars and watch any movie about cars, you see the flaws. Or computers, or anything for that matter. The writers, actors, directors, etc aren't pros in the field, and rarely will be.

Movies are purely for entertainment...if you want to see real MA, you go to a tournament (or whatever you call them in MA).

6. deh

deh

In all fairness you did ask for opinions. ;)

I didn't see it yet but plan too. Perhaps this weekend.

As far as others Pulp Fiction indeed goes down as one of my favorite all time movies. Great one liners.

Jackie Brown was Okay but IMHO not even in the same league as Pulp Fiction.

Dusk to dawn- I say ehhhhhh so-so at best.

But ya know I did not see Resevoir dogs though.

As said though I will probably always end up comparing his work to Pulp Fiction which isn't fair but I just can't help it.

7. Rockn

Rockn

You put it in a public forum and asked for opions! His career is pretty much over with the crap he has been putting out....hopefully. That wire fighting stuff is really growing tiresome as well.

8. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

True, but rockn's an idiot and every post he makes in reply to mine is antagonistic and meant to get a rise...don't tell him, but I think he's having a mid life crisis :p

You should see both Kill Bill, and Reservoir Dogs, and if you haven't seen True Romance, you really MUST SEE IT!

9. izme

izme

yes I understand that Gibble

but it just bugs M.A.ist.s that see all of the errors and lack of real speed ect.

but thats ok. It would be like the best thing you do and have done all of your life and they make a movie with someone that really does not represent it in the right light (a beginner)

you wanted honest opinions right?

It is just a movie but I wish they would quit putting rookies in M.A. movies

DRagon also comes to mind. Jason Scott Lee had 6 months trainig in my art JKD and made that movie. All of us JKDers saw alot of flaws, like his heaven sticks sumbrata and the mook jong drills ect ect.

just alittle something that bugs alot of us.

no biggie so please do not take it personal

just an M.A.ist point of view is all
    if we are to believe she was one of the baddest around at least she sould look the part instead of looking like a beginner is all

10. deh

deh

well yeah. There is an easy way to diffuse that. I am sure you know how. ;)

Which one (if any) of the 3 has more of a flavor of Pulp Fiction in it?
    I know they may not be the same but is there one that has any remnants of Pulp Fiction?

11. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

He's made so few movies...you make it sound like he pumps out when every 6 months!

And I haven't seen a bad one of his yet...

True Romance, Reservoir Dogs, Pup Fiction, Kill Bill are all great stories and well told...I haven't seen anything else he had a major hand in...or at least I can't think of anything else at the moment.

12. izme

izme

Pulp Fiction is awesome
    I loved true romance

where Patricia arquette gets in that knock down drag out fight with that guy sent to kill them in the motel, and when dennis hopper told Chris Walken that all Italians were eggplants ect. :D (y)

13. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

Fish, you mean James Gandolfini

14. izme

izme

you mean the guy in the motel room?

not sure who you are talking about

15. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

Yeah, that's James Gandolfini, you know, from The Sopranos

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice