1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who's Seen Kill Bill Vol 1

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gibble, Apr 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. izme

izme

yep that was him

what a scene

she kicked his rear

I was in a room with women when I first saw that and they all jumped up when she got ahold of the shotgun and started yelling Do him do him in! ect.

:D (y)

2. McTimson

McTimson

I saw it, and I thought it was pretty good...loved Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, and I can't wait for Kill Bill vol. 2...Tarantino makes some good movies.

3. izme

izme

Tarentino is abit eclectic in his approach to making movies as is John woo and some others

I will watch anything he makes

4. oldie

oldie

Maybe he's this kind of guy who holds the dynamite :D

A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

Voltaire ;)

Oldie

5. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

See, the thing about Tarantino movies, is that he assumes an intelligent audience. One that doesn't want certain questions answered right away, an audience that wants the question, and many glimmers to answers, but not the answer right away...if at all.

What's your biggest question about pulp fiction? What was it you are trying to figure out through the entire movie...WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE BRIEFCASE?

With Kill Bill, there are similar questions, why did Bill send his squad after "The Bride". Why would they kill one of their own? Who *IS* Bill?

The things that keep you reading a book are what keep you watching his movies.

He goes into more detail about all her enemies, than he does about "The Bride".

Tarantino is a great story teller...and uses unique camera angles on occasion.

Nearly all his movies have a "from the trunk" camera shot. And I personally found the "from the inside of a skull" shot interesting...I can't think of another movie that did that...

He doesn't use the same old flow as every other directory, the cookie cutter chronological approach wouldn't work for his movies.

He takes a simple, basic story, done before a million times, and through great filmaking and storytelling, makes it a work of art.

6. izme

izme

Exactly

he tells a story and makes movies like no other ;) (y)

7. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

*SCREEACH*

Stop the presses...

...are me and Fishy agreeing?

Dear god...what's next, me and Rockn getting along! :eek:

8. izme

izme

ROTFLMAO :D (y) your a good guy Gib

let's remember that these movies in no way mimic actual combat. Most fights end very quickly and even a semi powerful kick to the head will take you out.

I have fought many times in the ring and on the street and I can tell you that what I see in these movies is no where near what happens in real life combat. Period

;)

><">

9. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

I know that fish. Just like computers dont' work anything like they do on TV. Files you have open don't dissapear when someone deletes them. Logins to another computer don't actually allow the other person to see what you are doing on their computer (there are exceptions to this of course). And the other miriad of flaws. BUT, by it's a story, and it's human nature to embelish when story telling.

And that's why heros and vilians have super strength and abilities...and why front wheel drive cars can spin their rear wheels ;)

10. izme

izme

Your killing me gib!

LMAO :D (y)

so true!

11. deh

deh

annnnnd Marvin didn't really get shot in the face. (like said its a movie) :D

Vincent: oh man i shot Marvin in the face
    Jules: What, Why the f*** you do that?
    Vincent: I didn’t mean to do it. I said it was an accident.
    Jules: I’ve seen a lot of crazy-*** **** in my time ...
    Vincent: Chill out, man, it was an accident, okay? You hit a bump or somethin’ and the gun went off.
    Jules: The car didn’t hit no mfn’ bump!
    Vincent: Look! I didn’t mean to shoot this sob, the gun just went off, don’t ask me how!

Classic!

12. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

That was pretty funny, how he shot a guy in the head, then argued it was an accident...like that made it ok!

ROFL.

13. gws226

gws226

*closes eyes
    *puts hands over ears

Don't tell me anything.... Its the next Netflix DVD in my queue! :D

14. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

lol, just go to the store and buy it!

15. izme

izme

OK, so at the end this guy was........... :eek: :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice