1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Who's Seen Kill Bill Vol 1

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gibble, Apr 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce

I haven't read any of the replies......

I saw Vol. 1 in the theaters and thought it was awesome. I think vol2 came out last friday...not sure. I need to see it though....:D

2. McTimson

McTimson

Definitely see vol. 2, it is an excellent movie. This was just a really good movie, not nearly as much gore as the first one, but still fight scenes, and it completes the story line (for now, anyway). I definitely recommend seeing this one, even if you haven't seen the first one, this will still make sense, and you can still appreciate it as a good movie.

3. gws226

gws226

Alright, I finally saw Volume 1. It was good but nothing that totally knocked my sox off.... It was an improvement over Jackie Brown, but still didn't stack up to Res. Dog and Pulp fiction. None-the-less Taranitino is a one of kind director and I will never pass on an opportunity to see one of his films.

4. izme

izme

Too me nothing is hotter than a female Martial artist!

5. gws226

gws226

Two female Martial Artists :confused:.....:p

6. izme

izme

now that's one heck of a fishwish sandwich :eek: :D :D

7. gws226

gws226

LOL....

Did you think the combat scenes were relatively geniuene fish?

8. izme

izme

no, not at all Gwya

I dislike the fact that they put in a rookie to play a bad arse, least they use good stunt doubles. Actual Kung Fu in Combat looks quite different, I have actually knocked some fighters out with a light kick to the head, and these shows show massive punishment and no one drops. Most combat situations are very quick and over in a few seconds. All of the flashy nonsense goes out the window, But I am into JKD which threw out all of the stupid stuff. We believe in using only what works and is practicle but if you have never seen a JKD fighter other than Dragon (lame also, Brandon Scott Lee had only 6 months training with Jerry Poteet and we saw his many flaws) or some moves by bruce lee (he did not use much of JKD in his films) you might not understand the practicality and lack of realism in these movies.

Also, I thought Uma was way hotter in Pulp fiction

9. gws226

gws226

Ahhhh... interesting. I always wondered how true to life the techniques were..

Thanks!
    G

10. izme

izme

We call it cinema M.A.

Nothing like in real life
    in JKD we seek or make an opening and fill it with destruction and it is over quickly most of the time, Also alot of fights end up on the ground so I believe all practitioners must learn a grappling art, I trained in Ju jitsu and still use NHB style sparring at my kwoon to perhaps mimic real combat even closer.

When it comes down to it, the fancy mess that is most martial arts is a waste. Straight line attack and practicality reigns supreme always

Flashy high kicks will get you dropped easily, We use the elbow on like TKD fighters ect. they quit kicking high real quick, but we have other techniques to deal with kickers in general.

Spin kicks are never used unless absolutely the last resort, too easy to counter or just get out of the way, As soon as you deviate from center line we come in and fill the voids with destruction ect.

Movie M.A. is only that and nothing more.

Big difference from the unpredictabilty of street combat

11. gws226

gws226

Thats good news for me, I could never do those anyways! :p

12. izme

izme

I get top Black belt fighters that come into my kwoon and I tell them that we must empty all of their knowledge since most arts are impractical to JKD and it's simplicity ect.

A good example is the Taekwon do fighters that come in and seek instruction. Since kicks are universal WE let them keep some of those, But JKD feetwork and handwork fills in the void that is the mess of traditional arts.
    With wing Chun and such arts as Muay Thai and Kali (certain parts)
    So we have to start all over with each high ranking fighter in most arts and start over from scratch. Too many flaws in most systems and a JKD fighter will exploit these flaws. Mainly it is poor footwork and mobility and poor hand work ect ect. So emptying your cup of M.A. knowledge is paramount. Hard to explain or believe unless you trained in JKD. JKD is the best of many arts combined, the footwork borrows from fencing even for quick advance and retreat even, we use the power and kicks of Muay thai alot and some of the elbow work ect ect. Even Savate plays in as do other arts as well. But there is a big difference between Original JKD and JKD concepts of the recent times.

Alot more grappling ect, usd. JKD is still evolving.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice