1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why a MM Task error message when I visit this site?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by BigDaveinNJ, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

There is one particular site that I visit on the internet... and it is kind of GRAPHICS INTENSIVE.... and whenever I visit it my computer will kind of FREEZE up and then there will be an error message with something about MM Task... and asking me whether to ignore it or not.

What is this all about? Is the site doing it.... or my PC? Because it only happens on this one site.

Thanks in advance

DAVID

2. brianF

brianF

Not much of an answer but the site in question is trying to load a video or audio file that your machine can't handle. Unsure as to which specific file type it is unless your error message indicates it.

3. hewee

hewee

Yea sounds like my old PC. A 2 MB video card was not up doing the job on some sites.
    But I did not get a MM error but had to do a CAD to close down Netscape.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice