1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why am I being told I don't have enough space??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by carrie640, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrie640

carrie640 Thread Starter

I have 26gigs left on this computer, yet when I try to do a system restore point (not actually restore it..but create a point for future reference), it is telling me I don't have enough space.

The same thing happened yesterday when I tried to install HP software for my CD burner. It told me I needed 3mbs of space. Umm..HELLO!!! I have 26GIGS left!!!

Am I doing something wrong here??

2. HeddaLora

HeddaLora

I'm new to XP (my other computers have been running various versions of Win98, WinNT and Win2K), but I know that a problem like this can be caused by too many temp files. Not sure if this happens on XP, but check it out. Delete all the *.tmp files and see if that frees things up for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice