1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why are games on my PC not recognizing my Video Card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by TJarnold92, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TJarnold92

TJarnold92 Thread Starter

I just downloaded the latest drivers form nVidia. I have a nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with TV/Out and have the standard Ti 4200 driver installed. I have been playing games normally, so it's not that the graphics card is unable to play games, don't simply say "You're card isn't working".
    Yesterday, out of nowhere, my games stopped working and started acting like the Standard VGA Graphics were working, and all of my games defaulted to using the Software graphics rather than Hardware. When switched to Hardware, I'd get a BSOD...
    I tried uninstalling my driver, using DriverCleaner, then reinstalling it, but still to no avail. This is very random since it WAS working for the last few years and stopped out of nowhere yesterday.

2. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

perhaps you should try contacting the game support website or the video card support. Most games i have played will alow you to send in your graphics specs and so will solve your problem.

3. TJarnold92

It's not just this game, it's all games in general.
    Even an old game such as Thief is having the problem on my PC.

4. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

hmmm........ try scanning for viruses. It may just be a error in the driver.

5. TJarnold92

I have three Anti-Virus and one Anti-Malware programs up at the same time, so that is not an issue. And, if you read, I cleaned my drivers.

6. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

7. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

I am betting it is just an error in the driver. Is your system compatable? If this only happned after you installed the driver it isn't your games or the comp.

8. TJarnold92

Again, if you read, I installed the latest nVidia drivers already. Sorry if I am sounding annoyed.

And of course it's not the games problem, it's my PC. Just can't figure out what.

9. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

maby not necisarilly an error but something went wrong with the driver installation.

10. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

did the link help any? i may not be much of assistance but i am a computer gaming fanatic. I will hlp as i can.

11. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

If anything will help it will be the support websites. nVidia and microsoft are the ones to ask.

12. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

I use a Program called Steam does it ring a bell?

13. TJarnold92

You apparently don't know a lot about PC's, so I'll wait for someone with actual expertise to aide me instead of you trying to get your post count up with useless questions like that.:mad:

14. Deathbf213

Deathbf213

gese Steam helped me with the same problem not with new drivers but with not recognising the video card

15. TJarnold92

I have Steam, as do most PC Gamers.

I am not an idiot around computers, these are all obvious n00b responses, I need someone with more expertise.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice