Why Are Many Desktop Support Companies So Cheap

Brvsfn01

Hi Everyone, this is my first post here so I hope I am not breaking any rules right off the bat.

I have a two year degree in IT Support along with my CompTIA A+ Certificate and Certificates in several Microsoft programs and I am getting offers of $10/hr and one guy who wanted me to work from my home, be on call 18 hours a day, and multi-task 10 to 15 calls/hr offer me $8/hr but he did tell me that with his "bonuses" I would be up to $10/hr.

These guys are making money head over heels and the ones who want Techs to work from home have absolutely no overhead at all so what gives? To my mind even a fair Tech should make at least $28,000 per year so why are these jerks so cheap?

Any thoughts or comments?

ekim68

Mike
They're greedy........If you've got some certification of your skills, you should be able to shop yourself...(y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online