1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why are they like this???

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by healtheworld, Sep 29, 2003.

Mark Solved
Advertisement
  1. healtheworld

healtheworld Guest Thread Starter

No Matter what i do, still the manager blames his every failure on me and takes credit of successes... Is it the same with you..

Please tell me what really matters
    Hard Work
    OR Smart Work
    OR
    Just good relations with manager

Will it change...

What is a good manager. What is ur definition of it...

How to get the credit of work that you have done and only you..

Please help me..
    I m in deeply angry, frustrated and sad.

2. rmay635703

rmay635703

Hmm, my solution self employment and run my own business.

Good Luck to you

3. healtheworld

healtheworld Guest Thread Starter

Everyone doesn't have that much resources and money ..

4. Aaron.W

Aaron.W

Just try to get all three.

If the manager continues to behave like that, the people he answers to will notice and either fix or replace him. Guys like that are easy to outlast because they have no confidence of their own to rely upon. ;]

P.S: Hold off on the dirty tricks for now (if the thought had crossed your mind). It's probably too early. :D

5. rmay635703

rmay635703

Who says I have resources? Maybe $1000 but it got me started off, I run my business off ebay and at single time setups at malls.

It can take a lot of work but costs little in terms of money as I do craftish stuff.

Cheers

6. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

Seeing as I'm a "manager" myself... I'm not really angry at me. :D

But seriously, to... Good work ethic, good attitude, etc is great. Sounds like you just have a, excuse my language, moron for a boss (moron in how he treats you, an employee anyway; although his actions do indicate he is trying to establish and further his own career and position in the company). Perhaps you should help push him that way. It'll get him out of your hair and he'll think your a great friend. ;) (kidding on the last part, lol)

7. Gibble

Gibble

Managers suck. Period. When they blame you, you have to be creative in how you deny it, without blaming someone else.

If your "failures" are caused because you were told to do something a certain way you knew was doomed to fail. Voice your concerns over doing it that way in advance, or get it in writing you don't agree with the way things are about to proceed. But because they are your manager, you have to do what they say. Then if it fails and they try to blame you, you have proof you didn't want to the task that way.

btw, what is your occupation, that may help you get a more targetted response.

8. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    Im a supervisor.. but im loved by all my agents... I praise for all done and when something is done wrong I show in a nice way how to do it right...

gets me further ahead then my coworker who yells alot :)

9. clskrk

clskrk

Keep some kind of notation or record of everything you do, whether you do it right and he tries to claim it as his own, or done wrong per his order. When as they say, "the sh*t flows downhill," you stand a better chance of having your a$$ covered.
    In the mean time, spike his coffee with Ex-Lax... :D)

10. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

My advise;
    Keep plugging away. Ability to do the job is expected.
    What might set you apart from an equally talented fellow employee is your attitude and maturity.

Good luck

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice