Why aren't all my fonts listed in Word?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyren

I have installed fonts properly in the correct Fonts folder of my boss' computer - the fonts folder necessary for presumably all my Microsoft applications to access.

Why when I open her MS Word application (Word '97) and click on Format, Font, does she still have only 10 fonts visibly available to her when I've close to 50 installed in the fonts folder?

Does she simply have to shutdown and restart to view all 50 fonts available in Word/Excel, etc.?

Not sure what's a happenin. What do I do?

cyren

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I think you'll have to restart the computer in order for the changes to take effect.

cyren

Thanks columbo! I thought it may be something as simple as that - I just don't have her password to reboot her computer for her and she's in an all day meeting. I'll let her know she has to restart in order for all the fonts to be visibly accessible.

Ta very much,

cyren

p.s. I love Peter Falk - did you ever see Wings of Desire (a Wim Wenders movie? it's my favourite movie - he played himself in it.)

No, I've never seen Wings of Desire. But he was good in The Princess Bride!:p
I first used the name a couple of years ago when I first created my Hotmail account. I had Strep throat (yuck) and was trapped indoors playing on the computer and watching old Columbo re-runs. Ever since, I've used it for all my user names. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online