1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why BFG technologies is awesome and everyone should give them their money

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by RedHelix, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RedHelix

RedHelix Thread Starter

So I bought myself a BFG Geforce 7900GT OC almost two years ago. It was a $249+ card at the time and thus kind of a big deal. It ran like a champ 'till it seized up and died last week.

It was very depressing; I held a funeral service and everything.

...No I didn't, that's a lie.

I called BFG and within 30 seconds I was talking to an American guy, who told me I can ship the card to them and they'll fix or replace it for me at no charge. The warranty is forever. I do have to pay for shipping, but he gives me the number of their corporate UPS account to discount the shipping charges. (To reiterate: I'm just a guy who bought a card from them and they're letting me use their UPS account.)

So I ship it to them. A week later, I find a box on my doorstep. Inside is a brand new BFG Geforce 8800GTS OC - a solid bread-and-butter performance card that'll easily outrun my old one - and a BFG Technologies T-shirt.

They swapped out my old broken video card with a shiny new model with DX10 support, at their own suggestion, and asked me to call them if I ever have a problem with the new one in the future.

Where else does that happen? Seriously?

I sent:
    [​IMG]

They gave:
    [​IMG]

I guess it's good to celebrate companies that still give a damn!

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

BFG By gamers for gamers.

Great company. I have a 6800GT in my other machine that refuses to die. If it did, I would get an upgrade also. That is the way they work.

3. mclarenvj

mclarenvj

I've Always thought BFG stood for
    Big
    Friendly
    Giants

=D

4. MrFreeman

MrFreeman

So....Cool..... I'm buying BFG!

5. Harvest

Harvest

They let you use their UPS account?

I had a motherboard DOA and they didn't give me their account I had to pay $25!!

Its because I didn't ask...this was my first PC build so I didn't know the tricks, I guess you have to ask if you want their accounts or they wont give it to you..

6. thatoneguy24

thatoneguy24

wow. i just want to say that you just singlehandedly convinced me to buy my next video card from BFG Tech. unbelievably cool story, thanks for sharing.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice