Why can I get into msconfig on 2000 Pro?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thegreatone

I want to edit my start up and msconfig won't run. It works on XP Pro but not 2000 Pro. Any Help appreicated

The reason you can't get into Msconfig on W2K is because it doesn't exist. In their infinite wisdom, Micro$oft didn't include it.

They put it back into XP. The XP version works perfectly well in W2K and can be downloaded from here

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
From what I've heard, the Windows XP version of MSCONFIG will work with Windows 2000. It's just a matter of getting a copy of it and placing it in the correct location.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
(Also a XP user)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online