1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Can't Baltimore police throw smoke bombs?

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by corgwork, Apr 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. corgwork

corgwork Thread Starter

And rubber pellet guns? Instead of letting the hooligans run wild

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Because they are being accused of over-reacting already.
    If they hadn't beaten the life out of prisoners just because they could, this situation would not have occurred.

3. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    I've always wondered why the Police shoot to kill. Can't they shoot people in the legs?

4. Brigham

Brigham

First Name:
    John
    This is a question asked by the relatives of gun toting criminals. My answer would be "How long before a policeman is killed by a gunman with a bullet in his leg?"

5. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    I can understand where you're coming from John. But a lot of shootings lately have been against weaponless people. One Cop recently pulled his gun thinking it was a taser and killed a guy. How do you mistake a gun for a taser?

6. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Because that is completely unrealistic; that only happens in the movies.

When a cop needs to fire their weapon, they are going for center mass; the same as most everyone else would too (should they need to fire a weapon).

7. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    So, would you say, as a society, that we should take to the streets, burn businesses, cut fire hoses to kill firemen, steal, and destroy our city, is an appropriate means to deal with issues in 2015?

8. ckphilli

ckphilli

I don't think anyone would condone it. But, our country has a history of violence before change...this is nothing new, nothing surprising.

9. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I don't know if that's entirely true, Chris. I think there are people out there wholeheartedly condoning it.

As far as the violence before Change... I just don't know.

We have had change in this country without violence. It's taking time but it will change.

I'm not sure I clearly understand the problem here... (with respect to the need to protest...)

What exactly are they wanting? And it needs to be something that can change...

• We want a new mayor; new Police Chief...
    • We have evidence that cops beat people for no reason, and... they're not prosecuted?
    • A disproportionate number of blacks are arrested.
    • Blacks are beaten by cops, but no other groups are...

And they just can't "feel" that is the case. If you live in a high crime area, it can easily seem that the police are always arresting and stuff.

For me, as a general member of society, to somehow accept and sympathize with what I see, I need to know what it is they want.

Otherwise, I'm just seeing a bunch of troublemakers taking an opportunity to cause trouble.

10. Brigham

Brigham

First Name:
    John
    I was watching Fox news today, and one of the people on it said that racial tensions had increased under Obama. Not being American, I couldn't comment, as my knowledge of the politics is not very good. I did find this strange.

11. ckphilli

ckphilli

I think they are wanting to see accountability at a higher level. Each of these incidents has been passed off as either self defense or the police officer was just a bad apple. I think it turns into a trend after so many "bad apples" and you need change at the police academy level. And to your violence question...there have been many significant changes after violence/rioting. i.e. boston tea party, la riots, bloody sunday, the list goes on. It's in our countries dna, like it or not. That's why I'm not surprised.

12. ckphilli

ckphilli

I haven't experienced it. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just haven't experienced it.

13. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Not surprising coming from Fox-Not-News....They've been after Obama since the day he came into Office. You have to wonder about their own racial views....

14. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    And this is the typical liberal slant on this.

No one can critique Obama; it makes you Racist.

And if you suggest that Obama is Racist; it makes you much more Racist. ;):)

Now if it was CNN.... now, that would be a different matter.... :rolleyes::)

15. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I absolutely believe this without a doubt; and fully believe that Obama and Eric Holder have set Race Relations back 20 years in this country, IMO.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice