1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why can't I download android app files to my pc...

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by pengyou, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pengyou

pengyou Thread Starter

...and then install them to my android? My desktop/laptop internet speed is much faster than my droid is..plus if I have my apps on my pc and something happens to the phone, I can get things up and running again really quickly. But NO, all of the sites I have visited require that my droid download the file and then install it from there.... I know this sounds like venting - part of it is. But my legit question is, is there some secret way to download app to my pc and then install them to my phone? Is there an app I can install on my pc that will let me do this? This is sooooo time consuming. In the "olden days" with the "really slow and inefficient" windows mobile, I could do a full reinstall on my pda in about 10 minutes, including restoring the data files. With this droid system I am afraid that it might take the better part of a morning...is this progress???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice