1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

why can't I have the same homepage on a home network?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Loefat, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loefat

Loefat Thread Starter

I hooked up a router but now I can't get to my homepage It pops up can't find server? what happend and what can I do about it? (I tried going to internet options and setting my homepage but it still says the same thing)

2. aineo

aineo

Can you pull up other websites?

3. Loefat

Loefat Thread Starter

I can get any websites except for the ones that had oringinally before the router installation

4. panzer999

panzer999

Hmmm....do a search for 'hosts' on your C: drive, open the ONE that has no extension (the others will be .SAM) with NotePad and see if the problem sites are listed there.

If so, remove them (the easy way) or piont them to the correct IP address (not the easy way).

If they are not, post back and we'll try something else.

5. Sancho

Sancho

is "your homepage" a favorite site on the internet? or is it a site you actually made and are hosting off one of your computers?

6. Loefat

Loefat Thread Starter

my homepage is or (was) the ISP provider and the other was msn. for the other computer. Now I can't get my ISP provider page up and the other computer can't bring up msn.com. This is irritating. I know there got to be something little i'm forgeting.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Type it in manually in the explorer bar, then go to tools, internet options and set it to home page that way.....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice