1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why can't I listen to MP3 samples?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by unicorncove, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicorncove

unicorncove Thread Starter

Every time I visit a website that offers mp3 sound samples, I get an error when I try to hear them.

For example, visiting a wind chimes website that offers samples of how their products sound. When I click on the "hear a sample" icon, it takes me to another page, with .mp3 at the end of the address, but I get a little exclamation point inside a yellow triangle in the bottom bar and nothing shows up on the page and I don't get to hear the sound.

When I click on the triangle to find out what the problem is, it tells me, "Error: object expected".

I don't remember having this problem before IE updated itself and changed it's format a few weeks ago. I have no problem hearing music embedded in websites, it's just the sound samples with a .mp3 address.

Any idea what the problem is?

2. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

What player did you use before? Now?
    What version of IE are you using now?
    Have you also tried Firefox or another browser?

To play/hear any .mp3 or such sound, a player, such as winamp, realplayer, etc. must be installed, and it must have permission to play such files.

May have to reinstall IE, or at the least check all of the settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/530804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice