1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Cant I Watch Movies?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chizzle20, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chizzle20

chizzle20 Thread Starter

I need help watching movies on my computer. When the movie plays there's a time delay in the audio and video..... the video is seconds or more slower then the audio so the picture doesnt match with the sounds your hearing....???? . Its really really annoying please could someone tell me why this is happening????? What do i do????? Thank you anyone that helps me out!!!!!!

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

What program do you use to watch the movies? Maybe there is a 'sync' option somewhere you could fiddle with.

3. chizzle20

chizzle20 Thread Starter

I've used everyone... media, creative, realplayer, interactual.... ive even paid $14 for DivX Crawler thinking maybe its because kazaa and bearshare is illegal... but NO every movie downloaded in every player i have dont work right ??? Any ideas?

4. Lyte

Lyte

Howdy,

If these are movies you downloaded from the internet there's often a lag because of how they were recorded. I don't think there's anything that can be done in this case.

If they are videos from the video store... I'd need more info about the hardware / software you are using. :)

Lyte

5. chizzle20

chizzle20 Thread Starter

Yes.. it is the downloaded movie. I dont think i understand what you mean though??? I paid for a legal downloading program to get movies, and it still doesnt work??? WHY???

6. Lyte

Lyte

Hey chizzle,

Do you know if the movies are legal to download?? You may not be aware that some movies online have been "stolen" so, one reason the audio/video may not be syncing is because the way they were copied was very poor.

I'm not assuming you're downloading stuff you shouldn't... I'm just telling you what I know. ;)

Lyte

7. chizzle20

chizzle20 Thread Starter

No, I know.... and i thank you very much for you help. Just one thing how can i download movies and watch them right then..... i use to be able to on my old computer, but now i cant? Do you have suggestions????

8. Lyte

Lyte

Hey chizzle20,

Ya got me there. I don't know why you can't watch them now. :confused:

The only reason I know what little I do is cuz we have a guy at work that down loads stuff like a demon! :eek:

Lyte

9. chizzle20

chizzle20 Thread Starter

Ok well Thank you so much.... hopefully someone else will know.

10. Lyte

Lyte

I asked this guy at work and he said he was having a similar problem. He said he was going to reinstall the software he's using.

Lyte

11. brbpab94

brbpab94

Use power DVD or nvidea Dvd and did you build your own computer or did it come pre esembled and if so What make.

12. brbpab94

brbpab94

does this computer have enough ram??

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/442616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice