Why did my graphics go mental while playing a game?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Audity01

I was testing Counter-Strike: Source on a new GeForce 8600GT (also new cpu and mem) and it was fine until about 15 minutes in. I had loaded a popular custom config from a gaming site and after a few minutes I started seeing distorted pixels. Then there were lines and big blocks of the map which were wrong colours, then finally everything climaxed to a mess of crazy abstract patterns and my comp froze.

I thought it must have been the config but when I booted Windows there were still some graphics problems like random blue squares and lines on the boot screen, then it froze. I tried again, same problem. Decided to leave it for 10 minutes and now it's fine.

Could it be a setting in the config? Surely it didn't over heat just playing CS:Source?

Thanks

p.s. If anyone is familiar with configs I have attached it for reference.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online