1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Windoze10, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Windoze10

Windoze10 Thread Starter

hi everyone. ive been having issues with my computer for awhile now, and ive been able to solve them all accept for this issue thats keeping me from i presume booting up my computer. so i was first trying to reinstall windows to m0ve all my system files to my 1 Terabyte D drive. during the process of that, my pc simply just screwed up and restarted itself. after that happened, I turned on and turn off my computer. and it went into that "startup recovery" thing where it says troubleshoot power off and continue to windows 10. i then proceeded to look online for solutions, and i tried like 4 or 5 of them. about 3 quarters of those methods didnt do anything. but one of them (which was to get the windows boot media creation tool, and make a bootable thingy) kind of did something. when i set my priority boot method to the dvd drive,it actually said it was reinstalling windows. so i then waited until it was done, and now (i think) windows is installed on my pc, SOMEHOW with the install process gone. so the most recent problem i have, is that whenever i turn on my computer on now, it boots into that menu that says, "Hi there. Let's get a few basic things out of the way." and it tells me to select my time zone, country, keyboard type, etc. so i finally pressed next, and now it says "Why did my PC restart?" "theres a problem keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again." once again, i pressed next, and it says just a moment with that spinning dots thing for 30 seconds, and then my computers restarts. back into that same menu. i have no idea how to fix this. ive been playing around with the boot order, even the bios itself. ive tried going into safe mode, and it just says" cannot continue windows install in safe mode." which i find really odd. and now im stuck. now i know this all seems crazily complicated, but can anyone help with this?
    Thanks.

2. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
    So are you able to get to the desktop? Or is it rebooting before you can get there?

3. Windoze10

Windoze10 Thread Starter

its not even letting me near the desktop.

4. Paul23

First Name:
    Paul
    Have you made a restore point? If not, to check if it is a hard drive problem... put your USB flash drive with Windows 10 on it and boot to the USB (you must change the boot order in the BIOS), select "repair my computer" then select "troubleshooting" then "command prompt" Once you get the command prompt window open .... (first find out which drive is C: drive...it is different at bootup) Type: C: (enter) then "dir" if windows is in this directory then it is C:
    If Windows is not in that directory, type D: (enter) then "dir" Windows normally is in D: at bootup. Then proceed to enter the command: chkdsk d: /f
    This will check you hard drive for errors and try to fix them if it finds any. If it doesn't then we will look into other options, next.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  5. Windoze10

Windoze10 Thread Starter

oh sorry I did forget to mention that if I do ANYTHING In trouble shoot, It comes up with a user I didn't even create called defaultuser0. even worse, it has a password on it. It doesn't allow me to use CMD and all that without this "password".

6. Paul23

First Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately, the forum doesn't allow advice on password issues.

7. Windoze10

Windoze10 Thread Starter

really? because I'm pretty sure it was a corrupted windows account. do you have any other solutions???

8. Paul23

First Name:
    Paul
    If you have to get past a BIOS password, then unfortunately, I can't give any advice. This forum does not allow advice on any type of password issue.

9. Windoze10

Windoze10 Thread Starter

no i mean do you know any other solutions besides password related things

10. Paul23

First Name:
    Paul
    I gave you the info on checking your disk to see if it is going bad or not, above. My first thought is that might be what is going on. You will have to get past the BIOS password issue before you can do that, though.

11. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    This sounds like it is a Windows password and not the bios is that correct? If so, I may be able to offer some other help.

Jonah764 likes this.
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice