1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

why do I get "delivery failure" when I send message in Outlook 2002?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

All of a sudden, an address that I email to often won't go through. I get the message "DELIVERY FAILURE: User [email protected] not listed in public Name & Address Book"

I tried to access help but I can't understand what they're talking about. The address book, or whatever it is, is a mystery to me. It's not related to the "contacts", is it? Because I have all my email addresses in the contacts area. The address book, I don't know.

How do I resolve this?

thanks! :confused:

2. ComicBookGuy

ComicBookGuy Banned

are you able to type there address in and send that way?

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thank you for responding.

No, it rejects it almost every time. Then it will work for a little while then start rejecting them again, always with the same message "not listed in public Name & Address Book"

I have never seen this message, the outlook help is unhelpful, and my search on the web found nothing. I suspect it's an issue with gm. com...any ideas?

4. ComicBookGuy

ComicBookGuy Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!