1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why do I get Error Message 403. Sorry, Forbidden.You don't have permission to access

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rams, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rams

rams Thread Starter

Hi My friends

:confused: Was hoping someone can tell me what the heck happened and how to fix this stupid issue I keep getting ? :confused: Whenever I try to sign in to yahoo using IE 7 I suddenly get this error message and cannot sign in anymore ?...............but if I use Firefox everything works out fine ! :confused: So is there a setting that got changed in IE ?

Thank You Kindly,

2. nappymonster

nappymonster

It will be to do with the security in Internet explorer:

are cookies enabled?
    What level of protection do you have in tools, internet settings?
    Is the site blocked?

Is this your computer, or a shared computer (e.g school, college, library etc)?

3. Broni

Broni

Do you mean Yahoo website?

4. rams

rams Thread Starter

Hi Broni

Yes, as I sign on with IE7 my listed homepage comes up with this error but if I close it out & come into IE a 2nd time it goes through okay.......then if I try at anytime using IE to go into Yahoo to sign in it denies me with the "forbidden errror message" ?
    If I use Firefox I get no problems but I do like my IE also...hope you can help me with this and Thank You for your responding to my plight.

Best to You........

5. rams

rams Thread Starter

nappymonster,

Thank You for your reply also.......I shall value your help also with much thanks
    (med to High in security level fo this zone internet settings) (In restricted sites there are some www.yahoo's with various extensions)but I can acess yahoo, I just cant sign in , it wont let me access the sign on -login box page to even try ?

6. Broni

Broni

What happens when you set your home page to something else (or blank), open IE, and then try to access yahoo?

7. Broni

Broni

Set your security level to medium, and remove any Yahoo entries from restricted zone.

8. rams

rams Thread Starter

Broni

My internet service also asked me to try changing my home page but no matter whats put in there ""AT my intial powering up my computer & signing online it goes into this error message. So then I close out IE and reopen IE again and it will then go to the set homepage...............but no matter what I do through IE I still cant get the yahoo mail or any yahoo log in page to come up. (only this error mess comes up instead)

9. rams

rams Thread Starter

Broni,

I will change security level to med but thee are some wierd funky looking yahoo addys or yahoo sites listed in there so is it going to be safe to unresrict those ? I'm no expert but I scense you are so can you tell me those are okay to release ?

I really appreciate all your help because I'm really stuck with this. Owe you some beers I guess, LOL-lol

10. Broni

Broni

Set it to blank page.
    So, you're getting that error message at initial IE opening, AND at Yahoo sign in?
    Most people have it set to "medium".
    Can you copy, and paste couple of most weird looking?

11. rams

rams Thread Starter

Hi Broni !

Again, thank you for helping me !

(So, you're getting that error message at initial IE opening, AND at Yahoo sign in?}
    .............Exactly correct !!!

(Most people have it set to "medium".).........I did this as you asked.

(Can you copy, and paste couple of most weird looking ?)
    ........as these are those :
    yahoo.panet.org
    yahoo.downloadznow.net
    wwwyahoo.downloadznow.net

*Broni, these seem to be the only ones I relate to as a yahoo site that I see in there other than some hidden types that may be Ip addresses ?

Thank You Again my friend !!!

12. Broni

Broni

All those three sites have nothing to do with Yahoo, so they should stay in restricted zone.

Now after lowering your security level, and setting your home page to blank:
    1. Are you still getting "403" error at INITIAL IE opening?
    2. Still can't sign on Yahoo?

13. rams

rams Thread Starter

:) Hi Broni !

On intial opening it goes to the blank page now.
    Still cannot get into yahoo's log in page to sign on through IE though ?:confused: ....(at yahoo sign in I get this 403 forbidden crap yet.)

.......(y) I truly appreciate your helping me, thank you so much.(y)

14. Broni

Broni

15. rams

rams Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658161