1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

why do i get so many duplicate emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I sometimes get two or more of the same emails; they're exact copies. tonight I received 10 (TEN) of the same message (!) Anything I can do about this? I have Outlook with ms XP suite (NOT outlook express.)

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator - Gone but never forgotten

Are they from someone you know?

If so, check the display name in To:. I know some people who keep changing their display name and I accidently send them more than one email as I go through the To: list.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

it's arbitrary. tonight I received some from a regular correspdondent and also 10 of the exact message from someone who's never sent me a thing before.

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator - Gone but never forgotten

My guess is, that someone you sent an email to, sent it on to someone else, and that they "replied to all", therefore you got it back from an unknown.

Waiting for other guesses! ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119656