Why do Monitors come with an installation CD ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Not for the monitor to work there are generic drivers within windows, they can come with a cd to set up the colour correction.

SirKenin

Banned
The monitor CD comes with the driver that tells Windows how to specifically work with your monitor. It outlines the specifications of your monitor so that Windows knows which refresh rates and timings will work with your screen.

Sorry to steal your thread. Do all monitors come with a CD? Mine didn't come with one. Did they forget to give me one?

Not all monitors come with a driver disk but most do. My monitor has a chip in it that tells the video card what to do evidently. I don't have to install drivers, nvidia drivers pick up the monitor and install the correct driver for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online