Why does Firefox hang when trying to view some Web pages?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

debodun

I've noticed lately I'm having more problems with Firefox. Some pages I try to view, like our local newspaper, just hang when I use Firefox. It doesn't happen with IE. It seems to involve loading some kind of graphic. The blue dots in the upper right corner just keep spinning and in the gray bar at the bottom of the browser page it says "Transferring data from catalog.video.syndication.msn.com", but it never finishes to say "Done." My system is using Windows 98se as an OS with an 800 MHz Pentium III processor with 256 MB RAM. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sometimes mine does that if there is a element on that page like Javascript or Flash that I don't have the right (or up to date) plug-in for.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts