1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Does Google Hate My Site?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ranessirhc, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ranessirhc

ranessirhc Thread Starter

I have a site I made with wordpress hosted by bluehost. My site is fairly new but, it's been live for at least a month and a half. I often have trouble getting answers when asking for help on the forums at wordpress.org, so here I am.

I believe I have more related content than most (if not all) of the other sites that are trying to get to the top of google for my keywords (BTW--there aren't very many at all).

I had an error 302 which I believe caused a "WARNINGS" notice to appear in my google webmaster tools under "Sitemaps". I deactivated my permalinks migration plug-in and that appeared to fix that problem.

I found a site called http://domaintools.com and checked my site against my "competitors". My site had a higher % title relevancy, a 100% description relevancy (higher than all my competitors), a higher % SEO score, more than 30 X the amount of terms, and more links than any of the others.

I've read hours and hours of content about SEO and followed the tips/directions the best I could but, I have to be missing something.

There was a day that my site was on the front page of google. It was there for a day and I was ecstatic.

It disappeared the next day. Now, why is my main site consistently stuck between the 4th and 6th pages of google? What's missing in it or what's there that's screwing me up?

Somehow, many people are reaching my articles by searching for terms I'm not really trying to be found for. For example: If you search for "Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight?", one of my pages show up on the first page of google.

I know it sounds like it but, I'm really NOT ranting. I'm on a mission for answers. I'm working at this EVERY SINGLE DAY until I reach my goals.

I would be very appreciative if someone would be willing to help out this hard working noob.

Thank you so much...

Aloha,

Chris

http://www.myfitnesswithchris.com

2. Gigacore

Gigacore

maybe ur new site is sandboxed ?

3. Mudley

Mudley

your site is new, you need to build backlinks (preferably from authoritative sites) to gain pagerank (yours is 0 right now)

with a few good links (preferably with some keywords) you should be able to be #1 in those local searches no problem

my advice would be to do some linkbaiting and get some news coverage somehow
    don't go buying a bunch of keyword ads - although the 80 bucks for bestoftheweb might be worth it

4. Gigacore

Gigacore

yeah, also try submitting ur site to google and other search engines to get it indexed soon.. for google: www.google.com/addurl/

5. Mudley

Mudley

don't do the google addurl!!

its pretty much an instant way of letting google know that your site is new and you want to get ranked

google's algorithm is about popularity...not about what you want :)

if you want to submit something, submit your rss feed to technoratti

6. Gigacore

Gigacore

^ its not get ranked buddy, its for the sake of getting one's site indexed in google quicker. Thats the reason why google has that option and there is no harm doing in it.

7. Mudley

Mudley

the best, and quickest way to get ranked OR getting indexed is by getting links and having the google crawler following those links

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice