1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

why does it say fan speed low

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edgar818, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgar818

edgar818 Thread Starter

i just build a athlon 64 3500 socket 939 cpu with a asus a8n-e board and when i turn on my computer it says warning cpu fan speed low or somthing like that what can it be from. And also after i put the motherboard on the brass isolators do i have to put a red ring between the screw that wil hold it in place and the board, because the case i purchased did not come with the red rings but my other case came with them. Im scared i might fry it out but i dono

2. qldit

qldit

Good Evening edgar818, check you have the processor fan in the correct socket, sometimes there are more than one.

Confirm you have the correct type fan for that processor type.

The fibre washers are more for physical support to the board rather than insulation, check you have standard head size screws and they do not overlap the actual screw head area on the board. There should be no board earthing effect with the mounting screws, do not overtighten those screws. (commonsense)

Ensure all brass stand-offs are correctly placed and are only fitted where there are screw-holes in the board. This is important.

Ensure the brass stand-offs are the correct height for proper motherboard accessory card alignment when the cards are fitted.

Ensure all M/B sockets and outlets are cleared on the rear escutcheon plate and all earthing tabs locate properly as the M/B is fitted.

Ensure all header connections to the HDDLED, PWRLED, are correctly orientated, the coloured wire is +

Observe proper antistatic commonsense when handling components, especially memory.
    Run Memtest86 before loading the operating system.

Do not operate on the machine while a powered lead is fitted, even though it may appear to be switched off. The motherboard remains powered.
    (component killer!)

Enjoy your machine.
    Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice