1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why does it say I'm not connected to the internet when I clearly am? Occurs when...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Blue525252, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blue525252

Blue525252 Thread Starter

Why does it say I'm not connected to the internet when I clearly am? Occurs when installing/opening software. I am always connected to the internet when this happens.

This occurs often whenever I install certain software. A dialog box pops up and says that I need to be connected to the internet in order to perform an operation such as installation.

I think there's something wrong with a confirguration for the internet or network connection. After the default reminder, I cannot proceed past the pop-up/error message. Here's one such pop-up message: "You need to be online. Check your internet connection" Then there are no options to continue. There's just an OK button that stops the program from running and closes automatically. Is there something wrong with my internet or network connection? If it's really important, I usually download the software to a USB thumb drive and it works on another computer without the error message that comes up on my computer.

I use Windows XP Home Edition and the newest Internet Explorer. Is there a simple way to fix this? Thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your firewall blocks any applications that it has not been configured to allow. So new installations would be blocked automatically.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773469