Why does my HP laptop have problems booting to Windows?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rhino1616

Good day,

I have an HP Pavilion ZV6000 laptop (AMD 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz, 80 gb Hdd, 8x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW drive, 128MB ATI Xpress 200m video dedicated memory). My Laptop has been having on & off problems booting to Windows, Some days it will boot to windows other days it won’t. The days it won’t I have to go thru the procedures listed below:

When I turn on my laptop it boots to the HP invent logo/intro & then that’s it, it doesn’t proceed to windows. Below in the left hand corner are a few instructions such as:
Press <Esc> to change boot order
Press <F10> to enter Setup, <F12> to boot from LAN

I tried alt+ctrl+delete but that doesn’t seem to work to well, I "CAN" get it to boot to windows, if I physically push the power button & turn the laptop on & off., and usually after about the 15th time it will boot to Windows XP (This is extremely irritating). I’ve also noticed that if I leave the original Windows XP install disk in the drive, that it will boot to window more often. (although even with the disk inside there’s times it doesn’t boot to windows).

Does this mean the hard drive is broken or beginning to break, or could it be a corruption in the operating system. Is there some online tool that would test my laptop to see if it’s the Win XP OS system. To view a more in-depth description & view screen shots of my problem I’ve posted them at: http://testing.100webcustomers.com/

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

It certainly has all the hallmarks of a hardware based fault...

Usually a software corruption is repeatable, in your case it's intermittent. This indicates that likely it's hardware based.

Is it under warranty?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online