1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why does my internet keep disconnecting when playing a game

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fb132, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fb132

fb132 Thread Starter

I just formatted my PC, I have ADSL internet by the way, before formatting my PC, I didnt have a problem with my internet running while playing a game, but since I formatted my PC, it keeps doing that everytime im in the game(not in the menu of the game, but when im playing). Why is that and what should I do??

2. flyeater

flyeater

How bout more info. What's your operating system & what game(s) does this happen on?
    Hardware may not be the best place to post this question. More then likely it's an OS problem or game problem.

3. fb132

fb132 Thread Starter

Win XP, it happens to any game, Nhl 2k4 and Fifa 2k3, however when I use the same screen resolution of the game as the windows resolution, it works fine, but when I have it different, thats when the internet just disconnects. I reinstalled the modem and video drivers, but no luck

4. fb132

fb132 Thread Starter

damn it still disconnects no matter what settings I put

5. fb132

fb132 Thread Starter

Anyone else can answer???

6. compilerxp

compilerxp

Try to use the modem over a standard Ethernet connection, rather than its USB ports - which are not reliable.

7. Cédric

Cédric

Better post this in Games thread mate!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice