1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why does my laptop screen go black , blink repeatedly and shut out of games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mommytobee, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mommytobee

mommytobee Thread Starter

my laptop when plays The Sims 3 it turned black but i can see the cursor and it blinks like goes completely black then goes black with the cursor and then it does that til i have to shut it off. It sometimes just completely shuts off randomly, it sometimes shows me the blue screen then restarts. With other games like Diner Dash, it will be okay for a little while approximately ten to 15 minutes or so and then it shuts out of the game. Its full screen and then it goes to the homes screen. Its been really slow too and lagging a lot, this is not like my computer at all. This laptop is fairly new only maybe two years old. Iv tryed a lot of things such as updating software and drivers, iv downloaded drivers from the internet, done malware scans nothing comes up. Iv tryed the list of things to do on the windows website if you get the blue screen http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7#section_1 I recently had my screen replaced because my screen got cracked. Other than that no big changes have been made. I appreciate any help and support i get to my answer.:)

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

the issue you are having sounds like an over heating issue. playing diner dash for 10 to 15 mins then having the laptop crash definatly sounds like an over heating issue. What laptop is it?

3. mommytobee

Its a windows 7 pentium gateway , the cord that powers my labtop gets pretty hot and it does that with The Sims too and now iv tried playing the diner dash game and it will go into the game and the screen will turn black showing the cursor like its loading but it doesnt load and if i try to press control alt delete to get out of it its starts blinking from the black screen to the home screen and then i have to press the power button and it closes the program out. so now i can barely even play the games. some diner dash games it will for a little while but some it just wont open up.

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

without knowing the exact make and model of the laptop I cannot give an accurate diagnosis. But what I can say is that generally laptops are not good for playing games, unless you have a specific gaming laptop. the hard ware is slimmed down and thus not comparable to desktop pc performance. You also have a major heat issue using laptops for gaming.

if you can provide the exact model number of your laptop I can be of more help...

5. mommytobee

I gave you to make and model of the labtop. But iv had this labtop for a few years and have never had this problem until now and played games on it.

6. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

does the laptop not have a little number on it any where? is it the NE56R12u? or the NV47H28i? or the NV55C38u? :) knowing which model will held in terms of knowing what could be wrong with your laptop. But as with all of these laptops they are not built for gaming.

Please install this program to monitor your temperatures
    http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
    install that and run it while doing normal activities on the laptop...then post the temperatures on here...then if you can run it while under load like a video or a game (if it wont crash) and post the temps on here.

7. mommytobee

Okay i will do that. Umm lemme look I think it says NV55c53u. And ill install the program and post temps. tmrw

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice