Why does my monitor flick back using GTX 1080 6GB?

Mckenna13245

i currently have a setup of 3 FHD monitors and 1 UHD monitors and i have them set up with 2 gtx 1080 6GB graphics cards. 2 of the FHD monitors are connected to one of the graphics cards and the UHD and other FHD monitors are connected to the other graphic card. The issue I'm having is with my second graphic card, the one with the UHD and FHD, the issue is that the FHD randomly goes black for a few seconds and turns back to normal. i have the monitor connect by display port and i have tried different cable and monitor and the issues stills happens. the graphic card is up to date. any help would be appreciated

Oddba11

Jim
Have you tried swapping with one of the other monitors connected to the other card?

If it also flickers when connected to the other card, it's a monitor issue. If the newly connected monitor starts flickering on card 2, then it's a video card issue.

Just a thought....but on the UHD try changing the resolution to PC 1080p instead of UHD 1080p in your Nvidia control panel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online