1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Does My Mouse Have A Mind Of Its Own

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ret2go, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ret2go

ret2go Thread Starter

I had PC problems early this year and also had several virius. Since then I"ve reformatted and got 2 new harddrives. Before this and now my mouse has a mind of its own I try to get it to go one way and it wants to go the other, I have to force it sometimes to go where I want, especially in my graphics program. I don't think its just the mouse cos before the reformat I had two others on here and they done the same thing. Its really hard to do anything with it doing this especially in my graphics program and sometimes it'll just jump to some place on the page without me trying to put it there.

2. MCP

MCP

Sounds like your mouse needs to be cleaned. Take out the track ball, and very gently clean the lint off the two rollers inside the mouse. Then, place the track ball and cover back where they where.

::: EDIT :::
    You can use cotton-swabs, toothpicks, or just about anything to clean your mouse. The point is be careful not to damage anything inside there. Personally, I use my pocket knife to clean out the inside of my mouse. :D

3. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice